Getting a little tired of your Sims game? Looking for new ways to spice up your gameplay? Well, with this top 10 Sims 4 challenge list, you’ll be sucked right back into your game*! Interested in even more fun? Be sure to check out The Sims Resource’s current challenge too!
*I do not take responsibility for the hours you may lose playing these challenges 😉
#1: The Legacy Challenge
The Legacy Challenge is one of the most iconic Sims challenges! Here’s how it works:
- Create your founder sim with traits and aspirations of your choice, then move them into a lot (you’ll want to choose a big one–this is where you’ll live for the whole challenge!). Then, cheat your money to only 1800 Simoleons–this is your measly starting budget.
- From there, play on as your founder as you gain wealth, a family, a home, and continue your legacy on with your next generations! This will continue until you hit 10 full generations.
Want a real challenge? Make the Sim lifespan short. I’m playing through on these settings right now and it makes the challenge even more fun (and significantly more chaotic).
#2: The 100 Baby Challenge
The 100 Baby Challenge is another classic Sims challenge, but it definitely isn’t for the faint of heart–it’s taken some players up to 5 years of on and off gameplay to complete the challenge!
- The challenge works exactly like it sounds in the name–try to have 100 babies without cheats in order to win. There are rules though–you can’t have multiple babies with the same Sim, and you have to try and win in as little generations as possible.
- Throughout the challenge, you’ll probably go through multiple heirs and lots–be sure to check out what we offer here on The Sims Resource to deck out each heir in their own unique fashion!
#3: The Not So Berry Challenge
Created in order to expand gameplay into areas of the game that most people likely don’t use, the Not So Berry challenge takes the legacy challenge and gives it a twist!
- Each generation has a color hair to give the heir sim along with specific traits, aspirations, and careers!
- Generation 1 is the “mint” generation. Your founder Sim will work to master the Scientist career and complete the Chief of Mischief aspiration, while also getting to level 10 of the logic and mischief skills. They also need to complete the element collection.
- Throughout the generations, you’ll go from being a lonely astronaut to an infamous criminal, all in the same family line (bringing a new meaning to “my family is crazy”). For a guide to all the rest of the generations, check out the full guide!
#4: The Rags to Riches Challenge
When I knew I was making a top 10 Sims 4 challenge list, I knew this one had to be on it.
- The Rags to Riches challenge starts your sim off with 0 simoleons and no house. You have three main goals to accomplish: building a home, having a family, and getting a career–but there are lots of obstacles in the way of each.
- You’ll have to be savvy enough to hunt for collectibles and fish until you have enough money to build your home, but you’ll have to get level 5 Handiness skill and level 3 Logic, as well as giving up 500 Simoleons for noise disturbances while you build. Your finished house must have three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, a living room, a study, and a garden with a pool.
- To have a family, you must have completed your home before your sim can get married. Your toddler’s skills must be maxed out before they can age up, and children must have level 10 in a skill or level 5 and perfect grades. You’ll also have to host a wedding every time a sim gets married.
- To accomplish the career portion of the challenge, simply make it to level 10 of any career or as a business owner have a profit of 100,000 Simoleons.
The Rags to Riches challenge is a challenge in every sense of the word, but can still be a ton of fun and help spice up your gameplay if you’re in a rut. Check out even more detailed versions of the rules here.
#5: The Runaway Teen Challenge
A variant of the Rags to Riches challenge, the Runaway Teen challenge requires players to start as a homeless teen sim on their own.
- Your teen does not go to school and instead must forage for gems or frogs or work on skills in order to make a living. You cannot build a shelter until you have have made enough money to do so.
- You have to subtract 10 simoleons every time you travel, for example, since your teen realistically would need to pay for a ride. To get your social need up, you can only talk to children or other teens–adults will report you as a runaway!
- Once your sim becomes a young adult, they can only get a full time job once they’ve created a home complete with 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, and a kitchen.
The goal? To make your way into a high paying career and a happy life, even if your sim’s teen years were rough.
#6: The Living Off the Land Challenge
This challenge has been around since the beginning of The Sims 4, but it’s even more fun to play now with the “off the grid” lot trait that was patched into the game after Island Living’s release!
- The Living Off the Land challenge is pretty much what it sounds like in the name–you’re trying to live off the land, which means no water, no power, and no career–you’ll have to beach comb, do odd jobs, or forage in order to make money, which you start with…none of.
- Your Sim can’t leave their home world until they have a complete 4-walled home. You’ll need to save up 10,000 Simoleons until you can buy a home, and once you’ve accomplished that you’ve beat the challenge!
If you love the idea of being one with nature but have bad pollen allergies, this challenge is for you.
#7: The Black Widow Challenge
While it probably sounds like it does, this challenge doesn’t have to do with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- The Sim you create will ideally be romantic and a snob, but for a real challenge try having them be unflirty! Then, find and marry a wealthy Sim.
- Once you’ve found and married a wealthy Sim, you’ll have to find another wealthy Sim to seduce once your current spouse has an “unfortunate accident”.
- Once you have the money from one Sim, you’re onto the next one–until you have 10 former spouses and a whole lot of money to do whatever you want with, a win if I’ve ever heard of one!
#8: The Masterchef Challenge
Based on the hit TV series, the Masterchef Challenge pits your sims against each other as they try to prove who is the best chef around.
- Five Sims with no cooking skill work to prove that they can be the best while three judges with high cooking skills judge and see if their skills are up to par.
- Each week, the competitors will participate in three challenges. The highest quality dish wins, while the lowest quality dish puts the chef up for elimination.
- At the end of the week, the chefs up for elimination go head-to-head in a final challenge to determine who goes home.
After every chef but one has been eliminated, the ultimate Masterchef has been found.
#9: The History Challenge
The History Challenge takes the traditional legacy and turns it on its head!
- Create two sims and place them in an empty world. Your founding sims starts out in prehistoric times, so they can’t have traditional jobs and instead have to forage for collectibles or paint to make money. They must live in a tent (since houses haven’t been invented yet!) and can only eat food they’ve procured themselves (via fishing or gardening).
- Once your sim has reached the goals for the prehistoric era (there are five!), you can move onto the next stage of history: early civilization, with its own goals and challenges to conquer!.
By your final generation, your Sims will be in present day, being able to trace their lineage all the way back to the time of the Sim-Dinosaurs (boy, what I wouldn’t give to have a Dinosaur pack…). Find out more about each generation’s goals here.
#10: The Perfect Sim Challenge
I’ve saved what might be the hardest challenge for last, because oh boy is the Perfect Sim challenge a doozy.
- Your Sim is a teen determined to reach every aspiration goal by the end of their life (set to long lifespan, thank goodness) after the tragic death of their parents.
- Your founder sim has 2000 simoleons, an empty lot, and the Chief of Mischief aspiration. Once they complete that aspiration, they move on to the Friend of the World aspiration–and from there, to every other aspiration in the game!
- From being a serial romantic to the head of a vampire coven, your sim will see and do it all, maxing out all the skills possible along the way.
By the end, your Sim will truly be the “perfect Sim”…it just might take you a while to get there. Check out all the aspirations in order here.
Thank you for reading the top 10 Sims 4 challenge list! I hope you found lots of ways to spice up your gameplay. If you’re interested in the aesthetic side of the Sims, be sure to check out our most recent lookbooks here and here!