Today’s patch brings some welcome relief to those who have been personally victimized by the game’s inability to save under certain circumstances – aka, the Groundhog Day bug. This was mostly caused by certain fashion related tags being present in Custom Content that Trendi didn’t like. (Stop trying to make fashion tags happen!) This issue as it pertains to the use of Custom Content should now be fixed.
People have also reported the issue even without Custom Content, however. If you are still having this groundhog day issue in your game, where saving your game isn’t actually saving it, there are three threads on Answers HQ where you can report it:
As for the bug fixes, you can check out the official patch notes, and we have them listed down below as well.
The Sims 4
- Children, teens, young adults, and adult Sims who blow out the candles on their cake now should age up reliably. Happy birthday! We still are investigating the problem for toddlers.
High School Years
- Feel like you are going backwards in time after visiting the Thrift Shop? It turns out that some mods were preventing the game from saving. We’ve made the store more accommodating to external content. We have seen some of you who do not play with mods reporting this problem. If you continue to encounter the issue, please let us know on AnswersHQ.
- Freelance Crafters can now send fabricated items via “Send to client for approval…” from computers to complete the “Send your finished work to the client” career task.
- Sims trying to get indoors during a blizzard now walk appropriately. Stay warm!
- DJs and Mixologists no longer leave their booth unattended when a Celebrity attempts to build up Fame through “Perform <scene> for Tips” or Dance Battles. As they say, “Starve your distractions; feed your focus.”