Another day, another patch! Today’s patch has a handful of fixes for scenarios, and an assortment of fixes for gameplay relating to High School Years.
There are three new scenarios introduced in this patch:
New In Town, which introduces a new household (Farrah Nouvel) and focuses on building and maintaining relationships.
Stuck In Their Shadow, which pits two sims (Nova Curious and Lewis Sancho) against each other to see who can be the most successful at their job. This scenario features 28 possible outcomes, so there is a lot to see and do here!
Parenting Predicaments, which focuses on family, sees you managing the Martinez family and trying to guide their twins towards their happy teenage years.
The original post of patch notes can be found over here. The contents of the patch notes are also posted below:
The Sims 4
- Plant Sims can move items from their inventory without issues now.
- Camera movement on macOS is more responsive, especially for those running Monterey.
- Some instances of incorrect pronouns have been resolved.
- We clarified some Scenario goals.
- Text for Scenarios with existing households also is more accurate.
- Limited-Time Scenarios show that they are time-limited again and end at the proper time.
- Scenarios info popups now have a link to Lessons so you can learn more about them.
- Lessons for Scenarios have new images.
- Scenarios no longer immediately complete when starting a second Scenario in the same saved game.
- The Event and Scenarios details panels no longer are blank when double clicking their button for information.
- We made some small interface improvements for Scenarios. For example, when selecting an existing household for a Scenario, the button to configure Neighborhood Stories no longer appears.
- In the My Households tab, households with active Scenarios no longer have a purple heart icon while Neighborhood Stories is inactive.
- The Scenario bubble no longer overlaps with the sidebar for some resolutions.
- The “Engaged in Conflict” Scenario no longer repeats the ‘On Second Thought’ goal.
- Scenario “Perfectly Well-Rounded” has the goal to “Reach Level 3 in Any Skill” which now can be completed.
- Color swatches for back hair now appear in the standard order.
- Images for Stuff You Might Like in the Main Menu now display at the proper ratios for all game resolutions.
Get to Work
- No more goofing off on the job – Doctors no longer T-pose while performing surgery.
- Alien Toddler’s legs now stay visible while applying outfits in Create a Sim.
High School Years
- Graduating Sims who arrive late to the event now change into their graduation gown and all graduates stay in their gowns during the event. This is a big moment, so dress the part!
- Early Graduates now receive their diploma and no longer are erroneously told that they are dropping out.
- Detention was a smidge harsh. Sims no longer indefinitely study for exams when in detention.
- Sims with low Fitness skill succeed with the Football Toss more often.
- The team practice pop-up no longer references a non-existent crush.
- Business Plan objects in the inventory now can be scrapped if you want to clear up some inventory space. If you love to store clutter, feel free to keep them around.
- The Social Bunny contact button now always stays visible for your Sims who have friends.
- A few facial hairs were growing from stubble straight to full beards. They now grow more incrementally.
- The facial hair ymFacialHair_EF11BeardShortStubble now can be clean shaven. Razors were adjusted to catch this short stubble.
- ymBottom_EP12PantsSkinnyCalf pants now only display once in Create a Sim.
- The sunlight in Copperdale is less intense. A 6° change in the angle of the sun makes a big difference!
- Engaging in a Pillow Fight with Sims you do not know no longer is deemed acceptable. At least say hello first!
- The shadow for the Single Serve Hammock now appears correctly under this chair.
- High School Years now appears only once in the Packs section of the main menu.
- Missing images for items on the High School Years pack page have been found. They now display properly.
- Sims will correctly direct their prom invites to the Sim they intended to ask, not the Sim currently controlled by the player.
- Sim phone usage has been tamped down. Teens will still use the phone more often.
- We made some pronoun-related bug fixes thanks to community reports!
- More pronoun fixes!
Dream Home Decorator
- Sims now can add rooms for Room Addition gigs.
Bust the Dust
- “Bust the Dust” visual effects no longer appear when the Dust system is turned off.