Time for another round of bug fixes! Check out the patch notes below to see what has been updated, added, or fixed in today’s patch.
PC: 126.96.36.1990 / Mac: 188.8.131.520
Console: Version 1.55
Neighborhood Stories Expansion
Neighborhood Stories has been expanded! Previously, it would only affect sims that your active household had a connection with. After this patch, that requirement is no longer in place – neighborhood story progression can affect any and all sims.
They can now change careers, move in and out of lots, have or adopt children, as well as being able to die in various accidents outside of old age.
If you don’t want these changes to happen outside of your control, fear not! Settings are adjustable – you can even break it down to an individual per-household basis.
From the Manage Worlds screen, you can go into Manage Households, and then from within both the My Households and Other Households panels, you can configure which events you want to be possible.
Once you have activated neighborhood stories, should you choose to do so, you can get a daily summary of any events that have happened from a new interaction that has been added to the Mailbox.
There have been 7 new scenarios added:
- Too Many toddlers
- In this updated version of the previously limited time Scenario, aim to get the happy toddler reward trait for this gaggle of whiz kids in the making
- The kid’s a menace! Choose the path of villainy or surprise them with a redemption arc!
- Is this relationship a joke? Only you can write the punchline!
- Super Rich Supervillain
- Making a fortune is great, but you know what’s even better? Stealing one.
- Extraterrestrial Researcher
- This Sim wants to… believe! Bring the truth from ‘out there’ to your own home.
- Unlucky Chef
- Luck has nothing to do with how fire this chef is…
- No Skills, No Problem
- Who said Sims need to be skilled to make it in life? Time to prove your street smarts!
“In addition to these Scenarios we’ve updated the feature to add existing household support to select Scenarios. You’ll also notice several tweaks and improvements to various aspects of the feature.”
The Sims 4
- We fixed an issue that caused Wedding Venues not to be available for Base Game Weddings.
- If a new Scenario is available, you will see a notification now after logging into the game.
- Opening and closing the Scenarios interface in Live Mode comes with a proper animation now.
- Simmers should no longer see the “Happily Ever After?” outcome for the Engaged in Conflict Scenario when both Sims have a good sentiment.
- The Conditions for the “Too Many To Handle” ending in the “Too Many Toddlers” Scenario only apply to toddlers now that were present when starting the Scenario.
- We fixed an issue for some languages that caused Scenario outcome texts not to fit in the text box.
- The Power Couple Scenario will conclude now when one of your Sims receives a promotion to CEO.
- The audio response when starting a Scenario in a New Save Game and canceling a Scenario in live mode has been improved.
- The work task interface for your active career should no longer clash with the Scenario interface when joining a career and moving to the work place at the time of work.
- The yfHair_SP19CurlyLowPony hair style will be visible in Create a Sim catalog now when the Feminine Fashion Choice filter is selected.
- Fixed an issue with Scenarios where the requirement for Sims to be spouses displayed as completed although there was just one Sim in the household.
- The Scenario name also shows in the start Scenario interface now.
- When entering Create a Sim after starting a new Scenario, the household requirements will no longer be overlapped by the Create A Sim Catalog and all information on the panel will be easy to read.
- Calling off an Engagement will now count towards the Villainous Valentine Aspiration correctly.
- We also made a few updates to the friendly calls from other Sims that your Sims receive:
- Your Sims will no longer be called by a neighbor Sim and asked about becoming friends with another active household Sim your neighbor has never met before.
- It will also be much clearer for friendly relationship calls now, whether the Sims’ get-together is of a platonic or romantic nature.
- NPC Sims will also have sufficient confidence now and will no longer call your Sims asking for permission to be friends with their own spouse.
- Your Sims who are right on time to activity meetings no longer are chastised for being late.
- Uninvited Sims no longer walk into your Sims house to “catch up” after your Sim’s Fame increases.
- Some Simmers reported that Cows and Llamas were getting stuck in their inventory after the Finchwick fair had ended. We clarified how to return your animals to their sheds in the fair-end notification.
- Selecting “Teach/Lead” Yoga interactions now cancels “Practice Yoga” automatically.
- Performing the “Ask about career” interaction with the ‘Conspiracy Theorist’ Erwin Pries will no longer cause a Llama icon to show on the Sim’s career tab and on hovering on the Sim in the relationships tab, but it should display the correct icon now.
My Wedding Stories
- Ceremony interactions are now available when doing a Vow Renewal or Reception at another Sim’s home.
- Sims should now show up in their appropriate attire for Wedding Ceremonies
- Vow Renewal is now only available to Married Sims, and Wedding Ceremony is only available to Engaged Sims.
Romantic Garden Stuff Pack
- Ghost Sims revive properly now when living Sims use the Wishing Wells “Wish for Life” interaction.
Bust The Dust Kit
- Sims no longer get the “Rage Cleaning” angry moodlet when Bust the Dust is disabled.
- We also optimized vacuum cleaners so your Sims won’t need to fight dust everyday.
If you are experiencing any bugs in your game, head over to EA’s Answers HQ where you can read about currently reported issues, as well as report any bugs you are finding in your own game.